I’m trying to incorporate some more red meat into my diet to get more iron 💪🏼 Red meat gets a bad reputation for being a “bad food” all the time, when in reality it is a great source of protein, vitamin B12 (which helps with energy), and of course iron! 🥩 Red meat is fattier than poultry, but fitting it into a well-balanced diet can provide lots of health benefits ☀️
📸 This recipe makes a great meal prep! I topped mine with a little avocado and non-fat plain Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream) 😋
Servings: 4 (1 serving 3 zucchini halves)
Calories per serving: 291 cal
Protein per serving: 31 g
Carbs per serving: 19 g
6 small zucchini
1 lb top round steak
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup corn (I used frozen)
2 Tbsp fajita seasoning
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut ends off of zucchini, cut in half lengthwise. And scoop out insides to create boats. Line sheet with parchment paper and place zuchinni face down. Bake for 5-8 mins until they start to get tender.
2. While zucchini is cooking, chop onion and pepper, and add those and corn to pan over medium heat. Sauté until they start to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add steak to pan, then sprinkle top with 1/2 of the fajita seasoning and rub in, flip and do the same to the other side of steak. Cook for ~4-5 mins each side until steak is of desired doneness.
4. Remove steak from pan, chop and add to bowl with vegetables and mix. Remove zucchini from oven, flip over, fill with steak/vegetable mixture, top with cheddar cheese, and place back into oven for 5 mins.
5. Remove from oven and enjoy! 😋
🌟 Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get early recipes, exclusive content, and more!📩