🎉 This last week, it was my sister’s birthday! We had some people over for dinner to celebrate, so I made a double batch of these SUPER tasty brisket tacos! 🌮 Being able to prepare such a “fancy” feeling meal for 8 people in only 1 hour was such a satisfying feeling! I had some left over that we will definitely be using for meal prep lunches this week 🍴
Servings: 6 (serving size = 2 tacos)
Calories per serving: 387
Protein per serving: 44.6g
Carbs per serving: 27.4g
Fat per serving: 10.6g
1 brisket (~2.25 lbs: yields about 1.6 lbs meat)
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup low-sodium tomato juice
1 plabano pepper
1/2 red onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tsp stevia
1 cup red cabbage
12 corn tortillas
Toppings of choice (I used jalapeños, fresh salsa, cilantro, and light sour cream)
1. Mix all spices in a small container. Lay brisket on flat surface and rub spices into top and sides of brisket. Place in instant pot with chicken broth and tomato juice. Cook on high pressure for 50 mins. (FOR SLOW COOKER: Follow all other instructions, but cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours).
2. While brisket is cooking, chop cabbage into small strips. Add vinegar and stevia to bowl and stir well. Cover cabbage in vinegar mixture and cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
3. Finely chop poblano pepper, onion, and garlic cloves. Add to pan with olive oil spray and cook for ~8 mins until veggies are softened.
4. When brisket is done, shred meat. Place on baking sheet and mix in cooked pepper, onion, and garlic mix. Broil in oven for 3-4 mins.
5. If desired, place corn tortillas directly in oven over open flame for about 30 seconds on each side. (Otherwise, just heat in microwave) Then place meat in each tortilla, add pickled cabbage, other toppings, and enjoy! 😋
🌟 Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get early recipes, exclusive content, and more!📩