📅 Happy meal prep Sunday everyone!! Make sure you add some of these ingredients to your shopping list this week because this recipe is perfect for meal prep 🍱 I got the inspiration for this meal from a Hello Fresh box I received, but wanted to try a lighter version this time! 🤗
Calories per serving: 401
Protein per serving: 20 g
Carbs per serving: 36g
Fat per serving: 19g (5g sat. fat)
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1 1/4 cups water
20 oz lean ground pork
1 lb large carrots
2 Tbsp fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic
1/2 white onion
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp sriracha (divided)
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce (divided)
2 Tbsp stevia
1. Add rice and water to small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 mins until all liquid has been absorbed then remove from heat.
2. While rice is cooking, peel carrots, then use a peeler to cut them into ribbon shapes. Cut zucchini into moon slices. Mince garlic and ginger (or use already-minced garlic paste like I did), and chop onion into small pieces.
3. Add onion to bowl with vinegar and allow to sit. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 Sriracha (you can use less depending on spiciness), seasame oil, soy sauce, and stevia and stir well until combined.
4. Spray pan with olive oil and cook zucchini and carrot ribbons until tender (~5 mins) and remove from pan. Add pork, garlic, ginger, and 1/2 soy sauce to same pan and cook until pork is done and crumbled(~10-15 mins)
5. Add rice to bowl, top with pork mixture, zucchini and carrots, 1/5 soy sauce mixture, and some of the onions and vinegar from bowl. Drizzle with more Sriracha if desired and enjoy! 😋
🌟 Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get early recipes, exclusive content, and more!